I love any kind of apple dessert and so when I came across this recipe years ago I knew I had to give it a try. It’s still an all time favorite. Serve hot and top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- 5 Granny Smith apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- vanilla ice cream
- Peel and slice apples.
- Combine cake mix, sugar, cinnamon, butter, and nuts.
- Place half of the apples in the bottom of a baking dish and cover with half of the cake mix.
- Add another layer of apples on top of this and then cover with the remaining cake mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
- Top with vanilla ice cream and serve hot.