Are you looking for a dish to wow your company? Or one to fool your significant other into believing you can actually cook something besides spaghetti? Well, look no further. This mouth watering, Easy Garlic Herb Baked Salmon recipe only has three ingredients in addition to the salmon. It’s juicy, packed full of flavor, and melts in your mouth.
And the best part?
There’s very little prep to be done and it cooks in 15 minutes!
A lifetime ago when the hubs tried to wow me with his culinary skills…
When Stew and I started dating, I worked long, unpredictable hours as an RN on the Open Heart Surgical Team while he worked night shift in ICU at a hospital across town. For our second date, Stew told me to come over whenever we finished our last heart case for the night and he would have dinner prepared.
I was so excited.
This guy is so nice!
And he has the best manners!
And he’s quite athletic!
Ok, so that one really didn’t factor in but since he’ll be reading this I thought I would add it in. Bear with me. It’ll make him happy ya’ll.
After he told me he was cooking dinner for me I thought…
He can cook, too!
I’ve won the jackpot!
And then I found out he could cook the heck out of a pot of spaghetti… and that was about it.
Stew could have used this easy baked salmon recipe that night, but obviously I thought he was a keeper for all of those other reasons. It was really sweet of him to offer to cook for me. Did I mention how charming he was and still is?
By the way, just so you know, he’s still a much better eater than he is a cook. Bless his heart, as my Aunt Kay would say.
Are you about ready for this recipe? Well, let’s have it…
The original recipe is by Robyn at Add A Pinch. Her recipe was short and straightforward; however, where she used chopped parmesan cheese and let it melt, I used shredded parmesan cheese and cooked it until it turned golden brown and a little crispy because I’m not a fan of melted cheese on my fish. Whether you like your cheese melted or crispy, you really can’t go wrong with this recipe.
- 2 pounds of salmon, (I used a single filet)
- salt, (to taste)
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Salt salmon filet to taste.
- Place salmon filet, skin side down on parchment paper. Cover with a second sheet of parchment paper and bake for 10 minutes.
- Mix the minced garlic, chopped parsley, and shredded parmesan cheese in a small bowl.
- Remove from oven and discard top sheet of parchment paper.
- Top the salmon filet with the garlic herb mixture.
- Return to oven and cook for another 5 minutes or until done.
- Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
You may also like:
Pin and save for later!