Easy Mini Key Lime Pies are a light and refreshing summertime treat. They are made with 5 ingredients including the graham cracker crust & topping! Prep time: 10 minutes Bake time: 15 minutes. Chill and serve cold.
My oldest has been begging me to make Key Lime Pie forever now and last night I finally gave in. I’ve looked at several different Key Lime Pie recipes. Actually I’ve been looking for the last month, so you can say I’ve looked at a whole lot of recipes. Some called for more ingredients, or ingredients we don’t have locally, or were more complicated than what I wanted to do.
When I came across this recipe on Epicurious I knew it was the perfect one for me to try. It was simple, had good reviews, and I already had all of the ingredients on hand. By the way, you can use bottle key lime juice in this recipe so that cuts down on time, too! It was a win-win in my book.
However, we’re at the end of our summer break and I’m one tired mama. So I decided to make this easy recipe just a tad bit easier. I used individual serving graham cracker crusts instead of going to all of the trouble to do a homemade crust. These cute little graham cracker crusts come in a pack of 6, but you will have enough pie filling to make 8 so you’ll need to buy two packs of them or one regular size graham cracker crust.
I also chose to use Cool Whip to save on calories and time. If you prefer, you can use heavy cream for your whipped topping.
Easy Mini Key Lime Pies
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Separate your 4 egg yolks and add the yolks to the condensed milk. Whisk together until everything is mixed. Then add in the key lime juice and whisk until combined well. The mixture will thicken slightly as your are whisking.
I poured the filling into a measuring cup so it would be easier for me to pour it into the tiny pie crusts.
Bake for 15 minutes and then allow to cool completely on a rack.
Once cool, place in the fridge, and chill. I left mine on the cookie sheet and just slid the entire pan into the fridge. If you used a regular sized pie crust then it will need to chill for 8 hours before serving. My mini key lime pies were ready in about half that time.
Serve each mini pie cold with a slice of lime and a dollop of Cool Whip.
- 8 mini graham cracker crusts (or 1- 9 inch graham cracker crust for a large pie)
- 1- 14 ounce can condensed milk
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons of fresh or bottled key lime juice
- 8 thin lime slices for garnish
- Cool Whip for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place graham cracker crusts on baking pan.
- Whisk condensed milk and egg yolks together until mixed.
- Add key lime juice and mix until well blended.
- Transfer pie filling into a measuring cup (if desired) and pour into individual pie crusts.
- Place on middle oven rack and bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Cool completely on rack. The filling will set as it cools.
- Cover and chill before serving. For a full sized pie it will need to chill for 8 hours.
- Garnish with sliced limes and a dollop of cool whip.
You may also enjoy: